Tuesday, February 3

surprise!







what a weekend. i made the semi annual trip home to maine last thursday to celebrate my parents 11th anniversary. my stepfather and i surprised my mom really good - she was totally shocked to see me at 7 am on friday, big eyed and saying "what?!" what did we do for the weekend? went to all the usuals - all my favorite missed places (trolled around in clogs the whole time with out being ridiculed - such a luxury); locos coco's tacos, just the thing (cheap antique store), tjmaxx (sounds crazy but i always make out really well there), beach pea (bakery), the golden harvest (produce mart), and last but not least .... taylor lobster.

saturday night we had quite the feast. corn chowder (made by yours truly), sauteed kale (too healthy for my family - but grandpa and i enjoyed it), and lobster and butter (both steamed and baked - i say steamed but the baked version was pretty decent). then we tried to stay up for saturday night live, but lets be honest - this was like my thanksgiving and after a full stomach and some wine, its hard.

sunday was followed by more family time and coffee with some old married friends (who i still miss and love).

monday i made grandpa some breakfast and jack (dog) and i said our goodbyes (i give him potates and cheese and he remembers and loves me next time i come). then we drove down to newburyport and had some thai food before my parents sent me off on my way back out west. it was a great flight and i was met by good friends on the other side.

No comments: